Family Camp at Mont Shenandoah
General Rules & Regulations
Camp Mont Shenandoah reserves the right to update and revise these rules and regulations at any time. Families are expected to adhere to any changes in policy. We will alert families to any changes that are made.
- Camp Mont Shenandoah reserves the right to ask anyone to depart the premises who does not adhere to the rules and policies set forth in this document. Additionally, we reserve the right to ask anyone to depart the premises who intentionally defeats the overall spirit of Family Camp.
- Camp Mont Shenandoah will not serve alcoholic beverages during Family Camp. Families may bring their own alcoholic beverages to consume. Underage drinking and use of illicit drugs are strictly prohibited. Serving alcohol to underage or intoxicated guests or use of illegal substances is in violation of our policies and is cause for immediate dismissal with no refund. Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- All families will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms (temperature check and symptom questionnaire) upon arrival at Family Camp. Temperatures must be below 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit in order for your family to stay at Family Camp.
- Camp Mont Shenandoah respectfully requests that all families follow the social distancing guidelines outlined by the State of Virginia. Parents are responsible for enforcing the social distancing practices of their children. We ask that all in attendance be responsible citizens who respect the social distancing boundaries of other families. We advise that family camp participants wear face coverings when not able to physically distance from other families.
- No groups larger than 50 people may gather in any one location on camp property.
- All in attendance must wash their hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds especially before and after meals.
- Anyone who exhibits the symptoms of COVID-19 must leave Camp Mont Shenandoah to be tested for the virus. They may return only if the results are negative. Anyone testing positive for COVID-19, as well as their family members may not remain on premises.
- Firearms or any dangerous weapons are strictly prohibited on the property. If gun or weapon possession is suspected, Camp Mont Shenandoah staff reserve the right to search the personal belongings of group members and seize any firearms or weapons found. Additionally, the group risks being dismissed from the property with no refund.
- A 20% deposit is due at the time of registration and can be paid online. Full payment is due upon arrival. In the event that you wish to cancel your reservation, you will be refunded the full amount as long as notice is given to Camp Mont Shenandoah at least 72 hours prior to check-in.
- All children under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- No RVs, please. Tent camping may be considered on a case by case scenario.
- The archery range and archery equipment may only be used during scheduled times and under the supervision of a Camp Mont Shenandoah employee who is a trained and certified archery instructor.
- Pets are strictly prohibited.
- Please be respectful of Camp Mont Shenandoah’s equipment and return it to its original location in its original condition. Wipe down all equipment before and after use with disinfecting wipes provided.
- The facilities & buildings are to be left in the same condition in which they were found.
- Because we are an outdoor facility, be advised that there are poisonous plants and wildlife that may be on the camp property. At Camp Mont Shenandoah, we protect wildlife always.
- Please be advised that wood bridges and steps become slippery when wet.
- Bath County has a 10:00pm noise ordinance. Please be respectful of our neighbors and other guests at Family Camp.
- Families are encouraged to bring their own recreational and sports equipment. Camp Mont Shenandoah will not take responsibility for the safekeeping of nor be held liable in the event of damage or theft to valuables or personal belongings brought to the camp.
- The posted speed limit on camp property is 10 mph.
- Parking is on the LHS Field only.
- Verizon Wireless service works fairly well on our property. Other service providers do not have a strong signal in the area. There is limited WiFi available on camp property.
- All food and beverages brought to camp must be stored in tightly sealed containers or coolers. Food in cabins attracts mice, which attract snakes, and we would prefer not to have either of those creatures in our cabins. With that said, please do not consume food inside buildings or leave food out in the open.
Waterfront Safety Rules & Regulations
- A trained and certified lifeguard will be on duty everyday from 9:00am to 12:30pm and from 2:00pm to 6:00pm.
- Everyone at the waterfront must adhere to the lifeguards instructions.
- Children under the age of 18 may not swim without the presence of an adult family member.
- Caution is advised when swimming in the river. Due to submerged rocks, diving is NOT allowed.
- No swimming during thunderstorms, when the river is murky, when the current is too fast, or after dark.
- Any individual in a canoe must wear a properly fitted and securely fastened PFD. Camp Mont Shenandoah’s PFDs will fit the average teenage girl. Smaller children and larger adults will need to bring their own PFD.
- You may only canoe upstream. Please do not canoe through the swimming hole.
- No more than three people are allowed in a canoe at time.