Packing for Camp
Here is a recommended list of items to bring to camp. All clothes and other items should be labeled with the camper’s name and a list of items should be taped to the inside top of her trunk.
We have two uniforms we have at camp. One is our camp whites (white collared shirt and white shorts) with the camp tie which is for three and six weekers only. Campers can bring their whites to camp and we provide the camp tie to all new three and six weekers. The other uniform is our camp khakis and whites (the white shirt can either be a solid white t-shirt or white t-shirt with a CMS logo) which is required of all campers, including Roots & Shooters. (Please see below about purchasing the camp khaki shorts from Bendinger)
We have partnered with Bendinger to supply our camp khaki shorts, as well as other merchandise, such as polo shirts and ponchos.
Please click the link below to order. Once on the website, click “shop now” then scroll down to Camp Mont Shenandoah. For sizing information, the website also offers a sizing chart to ensure a good fit.
What to Bring
Numbers are approximations based on three and six week attendance. Roots & Shoots numbers are in parentheses.
- Polo style, white, collar shirts: 2 (0)
- White shorts: 2 pairs (0)
- Camp khaki shorts: 2 (1)
- Solid white shirts: 2 (2)
- Play shirts / t-shirts: 12 (6)
- Shorts: 8 pairs (4)
- Long pants/ jeans: 4 pairs (1)
- Underwear: 14 (7)
- Bras: 5 (3)
- Socks: 12 pairs (6)
- Pajamas/ night shirt: 4 (2)
- Sweatshirts / pullovers: 2 (1)
- Swimsuit: 2 (1)
- Heavy blankets/ sleeping bag: 3
- Sheet sets: 2 (1)
- Boots for hiking, tennis shoes, flip-flops, water shoes
- Towels: 5 (2)
- Washcloths: 3 (1)
- Plastic bucket for toiletries
- Tennis racket & court shoes
- Laundry bags: 2 (1)
- Riding helmet & boots (if riding)
- Small mirror
- Soap Dish
- Bug spray
- Water Bottle
- Biodegradable shampoo (preferably a lice repellent shampoo!)
- Footlocker & Duffle Bag (R&S campers don’t need a duffle)
*Don’t forget that all campers must have our camp khaki shorts. The shorts must be ordered through Bendinger. Click on the link on this page to order.
*No electric fans or plastic crates/shelves, please
*During the Six Weeks, we have dances with 2 nearby boys camps . Campers may wear shorts to these events. Therefore, skirts and dresses aren’t needed while at camp
“It’s a place where girls feel free to be themselves. It encompasses a little bit of ‘roughing it’ in a world of relative luxuries.”